The Best Way to Choose the Colour of Drapery Rods
Drapery Rods, as a hat for a gentleman – and the use and style at the same time. If clothes for windows in your home should be no blinds and curtains, it is possible occurrence of such problems as the choice of the cornice. The range of curtain rods is so varied that it is not good to know what they are, and how to choose a suitable cornices.
Types of curtain rods in construction
The design of the eaves determined by the way its attachment (to the ceiling or to the wall) and different holders for curtains.
- Stringed cornices. This lightweight and practical design of one or more strings strung from the ceiling. They are made of metal and plastic. Such moldings are intended for curtains made of light fabrics, keep on hooks. Can be used in conjunction with other types of moldings.
- Cornices bus. This with grooves in which plastic hooks move. This ledge is attached to the ceiling and visually increases the height.
- Baguettes. Arranged as eaves and bus, but unlike them have an elegant look and fit perfectly into the interior of any style. Fit the cornices of varying severity from mild to severe multi-layer tulle curtains. Mouldings may have different fasteners.
- Mini cornices, moldings or “Cafe”. Used mainly for small interiors. Such cornices are perfect in cases where the ledge is mounted very close to the wall or window frame.
- Lifting systems and profiles. Made of aluminum, have different shapes. Visually increasing the height of the room, they are suitable for rooms with low ceilings
- Mechanical or Power System – the most advanced cornices. There may be a different way of management.
In addition to its design features curtain rails also differ in shape and the materials from which they are made.
Types of curtain rods in form and content
The shape of the cornice can be round or flat, straight or curved. Straight rails are mounted parallel to the ceiling, and are designed for curved arches, and bay windows. Classic material for moldings – wood and metal, but today it added more and plastics:
- wooden cornices combine well furnished in classic or rustic style, with parquet flooring and wooden doors;
- Forged cornices are reliable and durable, have a distinctive design and are suitable for any interior in classical style;
- metal cornices are more suited to modern interiors;
- Plastic cornices are now becoming increasingly popular; they are inexpensive and can simulate any material: and wood and metal.
What to look for when choosing a cornice
Approach to the choice of the cornice must “knowingly.” Not only responsible, but also creatively. Drapery Rods must comply with the overall interior style, design and type of curtains. Thus, heavy curtains should be selected durable metal or wooden cornices and curtains of light fabric can be hung on plastic eaves or on the strings.
The most decorative cornices considered round. When choosing them, pay attention to all sorts of items (rings, clamps, hooks, holders). Thanks to this kit it is cornices can be a unique and very decorative element of the interior. For children’s rooms suitable plastic moldings that are different colors and diversity combines with bright furnishings. Wooden and metal moldings harmoniously fit into the interior of the living room or kitchen.
Choosing a ledge, consider its ability to adjust the space of the room. To visually expand the window opening is wider window ledge is used. To increase the height of the cornice of the room is attached to either the ceiling or very close to it.
And, of course, do not leave without attention to quality and functionality of this element of the interior. For curtains with lambrequins should choose a triple eaves. For the balcony window – ledge with a sliding mechanism, and for Roman blinds – with lift. Hooks and rings should be easy to move along the eaves, and mechanisms to work properly.
The choice of the cornice should not precede the choice of curtains themselves. Only by having ready-made curtains (or at least an idea of ??what they will be) go for the cornice. Having an idea of ??the diversity of shapes, colors and designs of curtain rods, you should be able to pick up what you need!