How to Choose the Best Glasses for vision correction
Points represent the optical device correcting vision. They consist of frames and eyeglass lenses. When asked how to choose the right glasses, you must consider many factors, including not only the performance of lenses themselves, but also the extent to which glasses are suitable for the shape of the face. It depends on whether they will be comfortably worn, whether or not tired eyes.
How well you can pick out points, focusing on indicators such as the material and the characteristics of eyeglass lenses, face shape, hair color? It should be noted that it is necessary to select the correct not only the shape but also the color of frames, lenses.
- Glass or plastic – which is better?
- Types of spectacle lenses
- Is determined by the type of person
- Pick up points on hair color
- General rules for the selection of points
Glass or plastic – which is better?
First and foremost, sunglasses are used for vision correction, eye protection from bright light, so when choosing a need to pay attention to the characteristics of eyeglass lenses. In order to choose them correctly, one must know such moments:
- optical indicators (diopters, center distance). To find these values, you must be examined by a doctor. Only after a complete, competent inspection ophthalmologist will give eyeglass prescription, and then you can be sure that the purchase will benefit, not harm. Incorrect glasses are capable of much impair vision;
- refractive index – is one of the main parameters of the lens class, it varies depending on the fabrication material. This index varies, in practice it means, how will your face contorted. The higher the index gives less distortion, this lens with the index of 1.6;
- manufacturing material. Today, spectacle lenses are manufactured from plastic, characterized by low weight, shatter resistance, reduced thickness, to receive a variety of shades. They are made from traditional glass. Strength in glass lenses above (except for the shock), they can do more flat;
- antirefleksnoe coating that improves the optical properties, enabling to increase the transparency of the points by 8-10 per cent. These glasses allow you to see better driving, more comfortable work at the computer.
How to choose a frame? Attention is drawn to the nose pads, which should be soft, movable, do not induce fatigue. Temples should not exert strong pressure on the area behind the ear and whiskey. The frame should be comfortable, non-slip. Cheap frames often cause irritation, fatigue, headaches. So do not try to save on glasses, as a result it can lead to unpleasant consequences. It is better to choose the best option, combining reasonable price and good quality.
Types of spectacle lenses
When asked how to choose the right glasses, pay special attention to the lenses. Today, manufacturers offer organic lenses, which are made of plastics, synthetic materials with addition of plasticizers and UV absorbers. Such lenses are different abrasion resistance, they are not afraid to shock, heat.
On the market today can be found Trivex lenses and Nxt, which are of the highest quality and durability. These glasses are preferred by those who travel a lot as they scratch or break very difficult.
Available in spectacle lenses and polycarbonate, which have a lower weight, greater resistance to shock. These glasses are perfect for kids, athletes, where safety comes first.
Mineral spectacle lenses made from conventional colorless or colored glass. Such lenses are durable, have excellent characteristics, but poorly withstand shocks, although in recent years have been increasingly carried out special hardened glass.
By the action of the optical glasses can be divided into:
- afocal having no optical power. Such lenses are used for the sunglasses. They are divided prismatic, not prismatic, izeykonicheskie lens;
- astigmatic that have one toric surface and one spherical;
- stigmatic lenses with the same refraction of each meridian section.
The position of the focus eyeglass lenses are divided into positive, which are used for long-sightedness, and negative, that are prescribed when myopia.
Eyeglass lenses are distinguished by the number of optical zones:
- multifocal used to improve the clarity of vision to the surroundings (it is progressive to correct presbyopia, chetyrehfokalnye with a step change in refraction, trifocals, bifocal, varifocal with smoothly changing transitions transfocal);
- monofocal one optical zone.
Refractive index of the lens is divided into:
- supervysokoprelomlyayuschie with the index of 1.74;
- vysokoprelomlyayuschie, 1.59;
- with an average value of 1.52-1.59;
- traditional 1,5-1,52.
Depending on the coating, all spectacle lenses can be divided into:
- multiple antireflection layers of inorganic compounds. They reduce light reflection, increasing light transmission;
- a mirror coating, which is created based on metal oxides, which have a refractive index of from 10 to 50 percent. There can be different colors: yellow, green, blue, pink;
- multifunctional. They have a stain-resistant, antireflective properties;
- reinforcing. Are resistant to scratches, however, often have a special layer on the surface;
- Water and dirt-repellent lens.
There are also photochromic, colored and transparent, with the spectral filters, polarizing, with protection against UV, from chemical and mechanical effects and other ophthalmic lenses.
Is determined by the type of person
Points on the face can not be overlooked, it is a very important accessory, which is able to completely transform the appearance. Therefore, in the selection of points you need to very carefully, as much as possible taking into account all factors.
Before ordering glasses themselves, should decide not only with the material manufacturing of lenses and their type, but with the color of their hair, face shape. It depends on how the glasses will look if they can mask some deficiencies, highlighting all the winning lines of the face?
Before purchase examine her face in the mirror, oval shapes are considered ideal, but there are not all. Therefore, when choosing try to pick up a form that will hide all the flaws as much as possible by making a face attractive and bright.
Oval face is considered ideal, as its smooth and beautiful proportions. Points pick here is very simple, suitable rectangular, oval, square frames, aviators and droplets. The very frame may be thin or solid, have a variety of decorative items or not.
Triangular face is also called the “heart”, it is characterized by a narrow chin and broad forehead. Here you can pick up points oval with a light rim or rims and a half, even without them. Suitable and rectangular glasses, but with rounded edges, the width of which should be less than the height of the forehead. Massive overloaded rim details are not suitable, because the person just lost them.
Pear-shaped face has an unusual shape of an inverted triangle. Pick up points here is difficult, but not impossible! Too broad lower part is best to take the rectangular frame, visually expand a person, which is excessively narrowed at the temples. rim width should thus be equal to the width of the jaw, which will balance the proportions.
When the rectangular shape of the face, which has a high forehead, a square, a massive chin a little, are ideal frame “cat’s eye”, and large oval frames, aviators. Rectangular, square glasses better not to take, as a person becomes too large, asymmetrical.
For owners of a round face, which is characterized by a round chin, a low forehead, full cheeks are perfect sunglasses square and rectangular shape, big and large. Round glasses are not suitable, since they only emphasize the shape of the face, make it even rounder, and from this it is necessary to note, on the contrary, to distract.
Pick up points on hair color
Many people mistakenly believe that the selection of points is not related to hair color and most importantly – to choose the shape of the rim, and the rest “will come by itself.” But this is fundamentally wrong: it is often very beautiful setting that is perfect for your face shape, it is not combined with a hair color that contributes to the appearance of an element of disharmony. Therefore, when selecting Always use the simple, yet so effective selection rules glasses hair color!
For owners of luxurious blond hair, fair skin, light eyes and light blush is best to choose glasses with plastic frame light range: beige, light brown, peach, pink shades. Also suitable color glasses ivory, coffee with milk, just transparent. Do not buy an intense, bright rim of blue, green, black. Metallic glasses can be made in gold, silver or tin.
If you are the owner of blond hair, attractive gray eyes, somewhat dark skin, then you need to pick up points in muted, cool tones. Excellent will look greenish marble, purple, dark red. Points may be selected and combined with a color, e.g., transparent at the bottom and a silver-green, gray silver – at the top. From metal frames suit silver glasses, a gold with a little reddish tint.
For owners of red, brown hair, dark eyes and dark skin are ideal glasses rimmed with brown, terra cotta, plastic with a tiger pattern, under the amber. Metallic glasses are best taken with a rim of gold with any shade, copper and bronze. Avoid cold colors should be, because they will be too hard to stand out, do not fit the color of the skin and hair.
For brunettes who have pale porcelain skin, brown eyes, it is best to pick up the rim of dark, cold, saturated colors. Perfect moderately gray, pewter, blue-green, blue-black, purple. If you pick up the metal frame, the preference should be given bronze, matte gold, copper shades. Perfect and silver metallic, but not very bright.
General rules for the selection of points
Properly fitted eyeglasses can not only decorate their owner, but also to return excellent eyesight, relieve eyestrain and fatigue, so the choice should be approached very seriously. We offer simple but very effective rules for the selection of points:
- pass examination by an ophthalmologist to get a prescription. In this case, check your vision on the modern equipment, which will enable it to buy those lenses that are specifically suited to you;
- Decide on the type of lenses themselves (covering the presence of filter);
- Decide on the shape and size of the frame.
As you can see, choose glasses among the widest current range it is not as difficult as it seems. You just need to pay attention to factors such as hair color, face shape to frame and lenses you choose not only excellent eyesight returned, but did your image a unique, refined. Important points when selecting it is necessary to draw on the type of lens, the material of manufacture, optical effect. If you can not decide for yourself, consult an ophthalmologist, who will tell you what kind of spectacle lenses are optimal in your case.